Emily is a Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa 1975 graduate of Florida State University. She graduated from University of Georgia Law School in 1978.
Emily was fortunate to practice law with her parents, William V. George and Lavinia B. George, at the law firm of GEORGE & GEORGE and currently practices at George & Wallach, L.L.L.P. where she practices with Alex B. Wallach. GEORGE & WALLACH, L.L.L.P. concentrates its practice on Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability Law.
Emily has served on the State Bar of Georgia Workers' Compensation Section Executive Committee (Section Chair), the Chairman's Workers' Compensation Advisory Council (Legislative Committee) and the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Workers Compensation Lawyers Association of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. She was appointed to the Governor's Workers' Compensation Advisory Commission in 2000 and was recently inducted as a Fellow into the American Bar Association's College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers in 2015. She is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and a Fellow of the Lawyers' Foundation of Georgia.
Emily has been married to The Honorable William P. Bartles for 30 years and has two children, Andrew and Allison. She is blessed to be a proud survivor of a recent kidney transplant.
Social Security Disability 80%
Workers' Compensation 20%
- Georgia, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1979
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1979
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1979
University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1978
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.A. - 1975
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Social Security/Ethics, State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia Workers' Compensation Section Seminar
- American Bar Foundation Fellow
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia Fellow
- Delegate to Workers' Compensation School of Law of ABA
- Clayton County Bar Association-Excellence in Bar Leadership
- Bar Register of Preeminent Womans Lawyers
- Governor's Workers Compensation Advisory Commission
- Georgia Trial Lawyers' Association, 1979 to Present
- WCCL of GTLA, 1988 to Present
- WCCL of GTLA, Executive Committee, 1997
- Clayton County Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- Henry County Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers' Compensation Section, Member, 1979 -present, Chairperson 2004-2005
- State Bar of Georgia, Board of Governors
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, American Bar Association, Inducted, 2015.
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Clayton Legal Aid
- Atlanta Bar Referral Service
- Phi Beta Kappa