Forest Park, GA
After being born in the New York metropolitan area, Alex Wallach grew up outside of Washington, DC where he was greatly influenced by the coverage of the Watergate scandal in the Washington Post. His interest in politics and law began at that time. He graduated cum laude with a BA in Political Science from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio in 1984. He is a 1987 graduate of the Emory University School of Law.
Alex has practiced the entirety of his career with the firm now known as George & Wallach, L.L.L.P. and has concentrated his practice on representing applicants in Workers' Compensation and Social Security cases. He was named a Super Lawyer for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He is a former Chairperson of the WCCL (the Worker's Compensation Claimant's Lawyers Section of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association), the long time Chair of their Amicus Curiae Committee and the immediate past President of the Georgia Legal Foundation.
He is married to Marci Rosenberg and has 3 sons, Eric, Andrew and Henry.
- Workers' Compensation 67%
- Social Security Disability 30%
- Personal Injury 3%
- Georgia, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1988
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1990
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1988
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1988
Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1987
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- B.A. - 1984
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
"Taking on the Uninsureds in Workers' Comp Cases: An Uninsured Employers' Trust Fund is Needed for Workers in Georgia", The Verdict Journal of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Vol. 15 No. 5, Feb./Mar., 1990
"For Your Eyes Only" Seminars, Workers' Compensation Claimant Lawyers' Section of Georgia Trial Lawyers' Association, 1998 to 2015
"SuperLawyer" 2008-Atlanta Magazine 3/1/08
- Georgia Legal Foundation, President, 2006 to 2010
- WCCL of GTLA, President, 1993 to 1994
- WCCL of GTLA, Executive Committee Member/Board of Director, 1989 to Present
- WCCL of GTLA, Liason Committee, 2004 to Present
- WCCL of GTLA, Chair of Amicus Committee, 2004 to 2006
- State Bar of Georgia, 1987 to Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 1987 to Present
- Fellow, College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, American Bar Association, Inducted, 2016.
Atlanta Bar Referral Service
Beta Theta Pi